Saturday, April 9, 2011

Book Review for Hush, Hush

HUSH HUSH, Becca Fitzpatrick. 2 out of 5 stars.

A SACRED OATH, A FALLEN ANGLE, A FORBIDDEN LOVE.
     When Nora and Patch are forced together as lab partners, Nora would rather fall to her death than put up with his elusive answers to her questions, his teasing, and his infuriatingly handsom face and hypnotizing eyes. It seems Patch was put on earth just to drive her crazy.
      But before long, Nora`s defenses start to break down as her curiosity about Patch heats up. Why does he always seem to be wherever she is and know exactly what she`s thinking? How does he know what to say to both attract and repulse her? And what is up with those V-shaped scars on his chiseled back?
      As their connection grows stronger, Nora`s own life becomes increasingly fragile. Nora needs to decide: Is Patch the one who wants to do her harm or the one who will keep her safe? Has she fallen for one of the fallen?


     I did not enjoy this book like I expected to. Nothing made my intersest spark, and I didnt find an exciting climax. Everything that happened was guessable to me, since the story was somewhat repetative. I hated the main chararcter  Nora and her friend, Vee.  Nora was actually stupid in some parts of the book, making choices that made her character look brain-less. I found Nora annoying, stupid, and weak. Vee on the other hand made me want to throw this book across the room. It seemed that after every sentence, she said "Babe". Vee was an abnoxious character to me, and I sometimes skipped where she talked just because I couldnt take it. Patch and Rixon on the other hand, I did enjoy. Rixon didnt bother me, but he didnt stand out either. Patch I really liked; his sense of humor, dark-sexy vibes, and sarcastic personality. 
     I liked the plot, but it was poorly handled. I feel it could have been written so much better. The book was very slow at some points, and I had to force myself on. Most everyone who reads this book has loved it, but it wasnt for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts? Share above!(: